sathtastic

Bookake

All the books. In my face.

The Blinding Knife
Being a Quaker
Geoffrey Durham
Shadow Unit 2
Emma Bull, Elizabeth Bear, Amanda Downum, Sarah Monette, Kyle Cassidy

Hue, Tint and Shade (Petit Morts, #1)

Among the Living (PsyCop #1) - Jordan Castillo Price The first in the Petit Morts series. (A series of unconnected short m/m stories, written by various authors).

Tommy is a quiet, shy, honest but somewhat naive car salesman. It works very well for his job, an honest car salesman has to be a rare thing. But things don't go so well in his social life, and he'll try anything. So he's getting his aura read by a psychic at a little confectionary/coffee shop called Sweets to the Sweet. The psychic is a fake, but sweets to the sweet changes his luck.

Nathan is pretty much Tommy's opposite, he's outgoing, and a little bit campy flamboyant. And he works as a window-washer. Their paths cross in a slightly bizarre way, but they certainly hit it off.

I can't help thinking of the old Coca cola advert, 11 30 diet coke break.. and how they never did a gay version, but I just had to imagine it slightly camp with eyeliner to get Nathan in my mind.

The story is very short, lasting not much longer than their first date, but it works very well for a short story.

See my other reviews of the Petit Morts series: