sathtastic

Bookake

All the books. In my face.

The Blinding Knife
Being a Quaker
Geoffrey Durham
Shadow Unit 2
Emma Bull, Elizabeth Bear, Amanda Downum, Sarah Monette, Kyle Cassidy

Snowball in Hell (Doyle and Spain, #1)

Snowball in Hell (Doyle and Spain, #1) - Josh Lanyon Another brilliant story by Josh Lanyon! Lanyon clearly has a thing for old fashion private detectives, which comes through in many of his other novels and series, Adrian English for instance a series of myster books, about a guy who owns a mystery novel bookshop, and then experiences a murder mystery, always loved wrapping my head around that!
But anyway, I knew I would find Lanyon would write an old style mystery novel, and that he'd be good at it, and I wasn't wrong.
Brilliantly set and characterised, Doesn't it make you want to buy a fedora and put on a long trench coat and turn up the collar, and go buy some handsome reporter a drink in a dimly lit bar. It does me.