sathtastic

Bookake

All the books. In my face.

The Blinding Knife
Being a Quaker
Geoffrey Durham
Shadow Unit 2
Emma Bull, Elizabeth Bear, Amanda Downum, Sarah Monette, Kyle Cassidy

At Grave's End (Night Huntress, Book 3)

At Grave's End - Jeaniene Frost 3rd installation of the Night Huntress series. Cat is half vampire, on the good guys side, now currently working for a goverment branch that takes down all kinds of vampires. And now Bones is back working at her side, Bones being her vampire boyfriend, british accent, long leather coat, bleach blond hair, (Think Spike from buffy clone).

In this episode Cat is in trouble because she's used too many disguises on her lure and kill trips, and vampires are beginning to know who she is and target her. and Bones is in trouble because an old vampire ex is out to kill him. TBH, if ther was more than that to the plot I completely missed it while rushing to get the book finished.

Unfortunately this is a book series that has quickly gone stale for me. Theres just no spark in it for me anymore. It's cheesy, improbable, and boring.

I remember loving the first in the series, (despite the idea of the half-vampire being really implausible to me). I remember it all jus seemed really fresh, and funny, and quirky, and fast paced. But I've now lost my interest.

I think the cloneing a popular paranormal tv character for one of your main characters is still a very bad idea on the authors part, there is no one that has read it that has missed that.

But I think this is the last time I will ever read about cat staking vampires with her wooden stiletto heels (I never got over the impracticality of that).

2 stars, I can't read any more of the series.