sathtastic

Bookake

All the books. In my face.

The Blinding Knife
Being a Quaker
Geoffrey Durham
Shadow Unit 2
Emma Bull, Elizabeth Bear, Amanda Downum, Sarah Monette, Kyle Cassidy

Death Masks (The Dresden Files, Book 5)

Death Masks - Jim Butcher The 5th installment starts with Harry on a talk show, (trying to hold back his powers so he doesn't blow up the tv equipment). And then it turns out his fellow guests on the show are all here just to see him for one reason or another, and it's not to get his autograph or anything.

A red court vampire wants to challenge Harry to a duel. A catholic priest wants Harry to hunt down some theives that stole the turin shroud. His girlfiend susan reappears, with a new guy, and it's not clear how well she's coping with the blood lust, but their feelings for eachother aren't helping on that front. And then someone sets Demon assassins on Harry.

But Harry does have help on some fronts, Michael the knight is still there, and we get introduced to some other holy knights which prove to be very interesting characters. They'd rather Harry get out of town, but Harry won't leave anyone else to fight his battles, he's just that kind of guy.

This was another really really exciting novel. Yet again Harry is in definate near-death peril several times. And I was thinking to myself 'but how the f is he getting out of this one??'. I never do manage to guess it before it happens, always a great twist and turn, and Harry pulls some new trick. And I'm so glad that Harry actually has people standing by him in this one, I get fed up of seeing him beaten down by everyone, but there was some real good friendship building, and yes some of it might have made me shed a tear or two.

Once again I can't wait to get into the next book!

See my other reviews of The Dresden Files: