sathtastic

Bookake

All the books. In my face.

The Blinding Knife
Being a Quaker
Geoffrey Durham
Shadow Unit 2
Emma Bull, Elizabeth Bear, Amanda Downum, Sarah Monette, Kyle Cassidy

Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, Book 4)

Summer Knight - Jim Butcher Harry has had a rough time of it lately, he hasn't seen his gf-turned-almost-vampire in a while, and he blames himself of course. He hasn't been working, he barely eats, he's broke, and he certainly hasn't washed. So when werewolf friend Billy books him an appointment with a client he really needs to take it. Even when it turns out it's the Winter Queen of fairy, and she wants a murder and theft investigated. It seems good and simple but you know theres going to be a catch.. poor Harry.

I actually quite like fairy fantasy when its done well, and I thought this one was. The fairy aren't all fun and games, they're mostly cruel and selfish, and don't really have a care for mortals apart from how they can use them. And they also happen to be very attractive! My favourite fae probably had to be the Winter Lady, I loved her multicoloured hair, and I liked that she was a little bit crazy. I also like that Harry notices womens breasts, if I'm going to be looking through the protagonists eyes, I always want it to be someone like Harry. Go Harry!

See my other reviews of The Dresden Files: