sathtastic

Bookake

All the books. In my face.

The Blinding Knife
Geoffrey Durham
Shadow Unit 2
Emma Bull, Elizabeth Bear, Amanda Downum, Sarah Monette, Kyle Cassidy

The Sailor on the Seas of Fate: Book Two of the Elric Saga

The Sailor on the Seas of Fate (Elric, #2) - Michael Moorcock The second book in the Elric series.
Elric decides he needs some self improvement, and that he should take a year out from being Emperor and travel the lesser kingdoms. I think his idea is that he could better understand the younger human races by living amongst them, but hatred of melniboneans is so rife that Elric has little luck, and instead ends up wandering despondently on some random lonely shoreline. When up rolls the mist and a mysterious boat! And this boat travels the seas between all times and universes! Ah Elric, here is your ticket to adventure!

There were many things I loved about this book, but to describe too much would be to give away important plot parts, but suffice to say there were many wierd things in many stranges places and it was all very exciting and fun :)

I am still dying to find out what happened to Melnibone in all the time Elric was away, cos he went and left his traitorous cousin on the throne, I guess that'll make in interesting 3rd book.

See my other reviews of the Elric series:
#1 Elric of Melniboné | #3 The Weird of the White Wolf